Chicken fried steak is a Southern classic. It is my all-time favorite food. Since starting Keto I have missed it a lot. Not anymore! Now I can have it anytime I want and not have to worry about the carbs!
2 tbsp Heavy cream
Pork Rinds (Enough to coat your steaks)
About 2 tbsp Sour Cream
Seasonings to taste (I used Garlic Salt, Pink Himalayan Salt, & Pepper)
1. Heat you oil. (How hot depends on the type of oil you are using. I did about medium high)
2. Season the cube steaks
3. Crack Eggs into Bowl
4. Add Heavy cream and stir
5. Add sour cream an stir (optional)
6. Season egg wash (optional)
7. Crush the pork rinds into a powder
8. Put additional seasonings in to pork rinds and shake up (Optional)
9. Pour pork rinds onto a plate
7. Dip steak into eggwash and coat both sides.
8. Remove from eggwash and put into crumbled up pork rinds.
9. Coat both sides
10. Put steak into frying pan
11. About halfway through, flip the steaks
12. Remove from frying pan when it looks done
13. Let sit for about 10 minutes before eating
Optional: Make some Keto Gravy to put on the Chicken Fried Steaks. https://youtu.be/f0E_pGBJXjU
Carbs: 1.1 g
Fat: 45 g
*Note: You will most likely have left over egg wash and pork rinds, so your calories and macros will not be quite the same as above for the finished product.
6 thoughts on “Keto Chicken Fried Steak”
Did I miss the gravy recipe?
What is cube steak?
How many ounces of cubed steak